Upon arrival at our sister’s house we were instantaneously shocked at the temperature of the house.
Thankfully there was a fire in the fireplace and I headed over there to try and stay warm. Now, I should say that our sister and her life partner are a bit odd. They live a unquestionably “natural” life and have concerns depending on anything that the, “government”, controls. I thought that maybe they had decided that paying the pressing utility corporations to heat their home. I didn’t want to be rude and say that the house was easily chilly although I didn’t have much of a choice. When she showed me to our room I had to say something. I didn’t want to spend the night in a chilly chilly room. She said that the gas furnace was broken and they had been able to find anyone to service it yet! She said that they purchased a space gas furnace that we could use in the meantime and she had extra blanket too. I offered to have our hubby at least take a look at it. He asked them to turn the heat up so he could see if it did anything at all. She went up and adjusted the control unit so that the gas furnace would try and kick on. Within minutes there was smoke coming from the electrical box followed by a loud “Bang”! I yelled for her to turn it off and knew that there was a bigger problem than our hubby could fix. Not only was the gas furnace easily shot, but, it seemed that it was a fire hazard too! We went upstairs and I used our Smartphone to find an Heating and A/C supplier that was open. Perhaps if our sister believed in using current technology she would have found 1 as fast as I did. They had someone at the house within a few hours and the gas furnace was repaired. Thank goodness because after that scare, being chilly was the least of our complications.