A new heater

I never realized how dangerous fireplaces can be at times. My husband, Todd, and I have constantly had a fireplace in our home. Since we’ve been married, all of us have owned more than two odd homes together, and all more than two have had fireplaces. I have constantly enjoyed them, and so has Todd. We don’t have any children of our own, so all of us never actually have to worry about them trying to play with the fireplace or anything savor that! For this reason, it never crossed our mind when all of us had some friends over to our beach house a couple weeks ago. Our friends Molly and Kurt came over for brunch, and they brought their 2 little kids with them. We had a actually pleasant time. The food turned out great, and all of us actually enjoyed spending time with them. Their youngest child is only more than two years old, and she is at the phase where she loves to get into everything. While all of us adults were talking, Katie, their youngest daughter, decided she wanted to play with the fire in the fireplace. She grabbed a small stick from our firewood pile and put it in the fire. It lit up and she took it out and caught our rug in front of the fireplace on fire! This all happened in less than 2 minutes, so it took us all by surprise… All multiple of us ran over to the fireplace to make sure Katie was alright and to put out the fire. Thankfully, Katie was disfigured and nothing else caught on fire. I simply had to replace our small rug, however that was no big deal. In the end, all of us have l acquired to be much more cautious with our fireplace. We gated it off, so hopefully, nothing savor that will ever happen again.