Last Summer I can easily recall coming to my dwelling from my task in a horrible thunderstorm. The winds and rain and lightning were beginning to subside when I pulled into my driveway. I got into my dwelling, took off my clothes, and took a fast shower before stepping out and realizing that it was a little toasty in my home. I turned on the air conditioning appliance and instantly the circuit breaker tripped. Totally puzzled, I walked over to the electrical box inside the garage, flipped the switch to the off position and then into the on position again. I went to start the air conditioning appliance again and the same thing happened all over again! The circuit breaker tripped once again. I made the choice that I did not want to mess with it any further. I mean I’m no electrician, but I know that a circuit breaker tripping is certainly for my own safety. It was late in the day and evening was coming on fast, so I knew that I would not be able to call out a Heating, Ventilation, and A/C appliance professional until the next day. That next day, I made an appointment for repair and the professional arrived around noon. When he examined the electrical wiring in a particular part of the Heating, Ventilation, and A/C appliance he learned that there had been an electrical short, actually brought on by a lightning strike from the storm the other day. He told me that it was a good thing that I called him out, because this could be a serious fire hazard. Though it was annoying, I should be grateful that the circuit breaker tripped. He managed to fix the wiring and I was easily glad to pay the repair charge… At least it wasn’t something more severe and I was able to call him out when I did!
February 15, 2019
February 15, 2019