I really don’t know why people like having space heaters in their homes.
I personally feel like they’re pretty dangerous for some reason.
I always feel like if I accidentally leave a space heater on overnight, then my house is probably gonna burn down while I’m still in it. I am always really nervous about turning on space heaters and making sure that they are not close to curtains or beds or couches or anything like that. My husband tells me that I am overly cautious about things like that, but I think it’s better to be safe than sorry. I would prefer not to even have a space heater in my house at all, but my husband insists that we keep one to have in our guest room. Our guest room always gets much colder than any other room in the house. I really don’t think that the duct work is set up correctly in that part of the house, but my husband doesn’t want to deal with it so we just use a space heater in there instead during the winter. I remember when I was growing up, though, my grandma had a space heater in literally every room in the house.I told her that I thought it would probably be less expensive for her to just run her central furnace all of the time instead of plugging in and using these little electric space heaters all over the house, but she did not seem to think so. One day, my cousin put his hand on one of the space heaters and ended up burning himself pretty badly. Ever since then, I have been very wary of space heaters and the damage that they can do.