I never realized how dangerous fireplaces can be at times. My hubby, Todd, plus I have constantly had a fireplace in our home. Since we’ve been married, the people I was with and I have owned three weird homes together, plus all three have had fireplaces. I have constantly appreciated them, plus so has Todd. The two of us don’t have any children of our own, so the people I was with and I never particularly have to worry about them trying to play with the fireplace or anything enjoy that, then for this reason, it never crossed our mind when the people I was with and I had some friends over to our home a couple weeks ago. Our friends Molly plus Kurt came over for lunch, plus they brought their more than one little kids with them. The two of us had a particularly pleasant time. The food turned out great, plus the people I was with and I particularly enjoyed spending time with them. Their youngest child is only three years old, plus he is at the period where he loves to get into everything. While the people I was with and I adults were talking, Katie, their youngest daughter, decided he wanted to play with the fire in the fireplace. She grabbed a small stick from our firewood pile plus put it in the fire. It lit up plus he took it out plus caught our rug in front of the fireplace on fire! This all happened in less than more than one hours, so it took us all by surprise, then all numerous of us ran over to the fireplace to make sure Katie was alright plus to put out the fire. Thankfully, Katie was uninjured plus nothing else caught on fire. I simply had to replace our small rug, however that was no large deal. In the end, the people I was with and I have l acquired to be much more cautious with our fireplace. The two of us gated it off, so hopefully, nothing enjoy that will ever happen again.
October 20, 2020
October 20, 2020