I have just about had it with my children.
I do not think about you, although I did not sign up for all of the terrors that would come with being a parent.
I thought my partner and I would be able to manage a couple of youngsters together. I mean, there’s a single of us for each child… And surely we can outsmart the little boogers? Well, we are certainly smarter than them… But that is not going to stop them from burning the beach house down when we are not paying attention. You see, both of my youngsters have recently entered their difficult teenage years. This means we are getting into a lot of battles recently as they try to express their need for freedom! Unfortunately, that freedom nearly cost us the beach house last week. My children both like to use portable space heating systems in their living rooms at night because we turn the central heating and cooling plan down low to save on energy bills in the evening. As long as we are going to be snuggled up in our warm beds, we do not need as much central heating pumping through the house. My youngsters enjoy to have the portable space heating systems in their living rooms for some extra warmth. We have talked about the importance of keeping an eye on those portable heating systems since my day that we gifted them to my children. Unfortunately, they have recently decided that sneaking out of the beach house is a greater priority than turning off their portable furnaces, and last year when both of them departed the beach house around 12 a.m. they managed to start a small fire after a blanket fell on top of the portable space heater. You can imagine our surprise when we found an empty living room and a small flame.