Kids sneak out, nearly burn house down

Sometimes I think that my teenagers are going to kill me. I never really wanted to have a horde of children to watch over. Now that I have several kids under my watch, I feel like I am constantly stressed out about their relative health and safety. My kids consistently go out of their way to wind up in the emergency room and nearly in the grave. Recently, they almost put the entire family in the grave after nearly starting a house fire thanks to a portable heating device that I kindly allowed them to borrow. You see, my two oldest teenagers were bickering about the indoor air temperature non-stop for a few weeks. One of them was way too warm and the other was way too cold. Meanwhile, I was getting stuck in between their thermostat battles which was contributing to higher energy bills every month. Eventually, I bought a portable heating system for my cold child and told her to be very careful with the space heater. I instructed her on the safety measures that needed to take place for her small portable heating device to be operable. Unfortunately, my hot and cold kids came together last week to arrange a group sneak out in the middle of the night. My cold daughter forgot about her portable heating system on the way out of her bedroom window. She managed to kick a sweatshirt on top of the space heater which promptly started a fire. You can imagine my surprise when I found her bedroom was empty but a fire was raging in the corner. Alright, no more portable heaters and no more opening bedroom windows, kids.

temperature control