Violent reaction

We went upstairs and I used my Smartphone to find an HVAC dealer that was open.

Upon arrival at my sister’s house we were instantly shocked at the temperature of the house. Thankfully there was a fire in the fireplace and I headed over there to try and stay warm. Now, I should say that my sister and her life partner are a bit odd. They live a very “natural” life and have issues depending on anything that the, “government”, controls. I thought that maybe they had decided that paying the big utility corporations to heat their home. I didn’t want to be rude and say that the house was really freezing but I didn’t have much of a choice. When she showed me to our room I had to say something. I didn’t want to spend the night in a freezing cold room. She said that the furnace was broken and they had been able to find anyone to fix it yet. She said that they purchased a space heater that we could use in the meantime and she had extra blanket too. I offered to have my husband at least take a look at it. He asked them to turn the heat up so he could see if it did anything at all. She went up and adjusted the thermostat so that the furnace would try and kick on. Within seconds there was smoke coming from the electrical box followed by a loud “Bang”! I yelled for her to turn it off and knew that there was a bigger problem than my husband could fix. Not only was the furnace probably shot, but, it seemed that it was a fire hazard too. We went upstairs and I used my Smartphone to find an HVAC dealer that was open. Perhaps if my sister believed in using modern technology she would have found one as fast as I did. They had someone at the house within a few hours and the furnace was repaired. Thank goodness because after that scare, being cold was the least of my concerns.

Heater maintenance